Orchid Garden is part of the Perdana Botanical Garden (formerly known as Lake Garden) in Kuala Lumpur. Though the botanical gardens were built in year 1885, the Orchid Garden was only built in 1986. According to its official website, it claimed that the garden houses up to 800 species of orchids.
When I was a kid, the garden was full of colourful blooming orchids and there’s a dedicated place to sell orchid plants too. Nowadays, the garden is no longer selling any orchid plants and visitors may not able to see blooming orchids in every corner of the garden. Orchid plants are not in blossom all the time; the garden management is only planting and watering the orchids; no one will replace the orchid plants that are not in blossom with those in blossom.
Next to the Orchid Garden is Hibiscus Park, a park that showcases Malaysia’s national flower. Of course, luck has to be there to see the variety species of blooming hibiscus too. Nearby is the soon to move Deer Park. Opposite the Orchid Garden is Bird Park.
如果想游玩整个湖滨公园，建议利用园区的电瓶车，大人 MYR2 ，小孩 MYR1 。车票一天之内都有效，可以任意搭乘不需再买票。因为缺乏宣传，本地人和游客大多都不知道这电瓶车服务。其实，这电瓶车服务已在2011年开始运作，后来吉隆坡市政府厅在2014年交给 KL Hop-On Hop-Off 的操作公司来运作此服务。
If you would like to walk around the Perdana Botanical Garden, I would suggest to make use the electric-powered tram service that runs in the garden area. The tram ticket is MYR2 for adult and MYR1 for children. The ticket is valid for a day and the ticket holder is allowed to hop-on and hop-off as many times he/she wants. However, the service is little known to both tourists and locals alike. Actually, this tram service has already started since year 2011, Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) was then handed over the tram service to the operators of KL Hop-On Hop-Off bus service.
- 乘搭KL Hop-On Hop-Off 巴士，在飞禽公园下车，胡姬公园就在飞禽公园的对面。
- 如果是乘搭KTM 电动火车，就在吉隆坡站下车。吉隆坡站本来是旧火车总站，走过去胡姬花园要花25分钟，可以走到对面的国家回教堂转搭电瓶车。
- 最近的轻快铁车站是中央市场站 (Pasar Seni Station)，徒步过去要超过半个小时，所以还是走到国家回教堂转搭电瓶车到胡姬花园吧。
- GoKL 巴士和 KL Hop-On Hop-Off 巴士的详细讯息，请参阅上一篇文章。
- If self-drive, can park the car at Bird Park. The Orchid Garden is just opposite the Bird Park.
- Take the free GoKL bus in red colour, get off at National Mosque (Masjid Negara). Then, walk 20 minutes to Orchid Garden or take the tram from the National Mosque to Orchid Garden.
- Get on KL Hop-On Hop-Off bus and get off at Bird Park. The Orchid Garden is just opposite the Bird Park.
- If take KTM commuter, get off at Kuala Lumpur Station. The station itself is the old train terminal, it takes 25 minutes to walk from here to Orchid Garden. You can also walk to the National Mosque at the opposite and take the tram to Orchid Garden.
- The nearest LRT station is Pasar Seni station, but it will take more than half an hour to walk there. Hence, it’s better walk to the National Mosque and wait for a tram to the Orchid Garden.
- More information about GoKL bus and KL Hop-On Hop-Off bus, please refer to the previous post.